The Hardcover - a premium product.
A case-bound or hardcover book is one that has been bound with a firm, protective covering. It is distinguishable from softcovers, which are bound using a thinner and more flexible material. Whether it be paperboard, linen or leather binding – we offer a multitude of potential styles.
C. H. Beck uses cutting-edge technology in hardcover production
- We bind using thread-sewn, polymer dispersion, hotmelt or PUR-glue techniques.
- We specialise in working with bible paper from a grade of 22 g/m².
- Hardcovers are bound on textblock thicknesses of up to 80mm.
- A three-part lining guarantees spinal shape and durability.
- We offer up to five bookmarks.
- We also process cover materials, such as leather, linen and uncoated paper.