The Gutenberg Bible was printed in Mainz between 1452 and 1454. Today, around 3,500,000 Bibles and hymn books are produced in Nördlingen per year for demanding clients. Our printing house is first choice for realising newly designed editions, which is why we were trusted with the printing of the ‘Luther Bible’, an edition that marked the 500th anniversary of The Reformation. Thanks to our extensive experience, we possess a proficiency in both printing on bible paper as light as 22g and the delicate process of binding.
Bible production at C. H. Beck uses cutting-edge technology
- We bind using thread-sewn, polymer dispersion, hotmelt or PUR-glue techniques.
- We specialise in working with bible paper from a grade of 22g/m2.
- Hardcover binding is carried out on textblock thicknesses of up to 80mm.
- A three-part lining guarantees spine durability.
- We offer up to five bookmarks.
- We also handle cover materials, such as leather, linen and uncoated paper.
What can we do for you?
Michael Endreß is happy to help. Give us a call, write to us, or arrange a call-back.
Bergerstraße 3-5, 86720 Nördlingen
+49 9081 85-196